Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Exercise

Exercise: Focus on the CAN's and DO's   

        

Exercise, when do you fit it in?!?

For me, it's first thing in the morning.  I don't have early a.m. school to attend, I don't have an early commute. What I DO have is time in the EARLY mornings, and yes, I do have children (2 BOYS, 3 if you count my husband-one of those...), I do have full-time work, I do have an office to drive to (7:30a clock in time).

So, what I do DO is wake up at 4:30a in the morning to make it into the gym by 5:00a and home again by 6:00a. I get myself ready in 20 minutes ( I don't look half bad), wake the kids and help prep them.  I get them ready in about 30 minutes, this includes driving the 1/18th of a mile to the bus stop and then taking off to work from there.

In the p.m., it's doable, if you schedule yourself.  Set up a routine to complete HW assignments right after school AND if you find yourself saying "but I got to drive them to ballet, and soccer and ..." well, something just isn't working because you're not fitting yourself into the equation.  And if you don't have kids, well, it's likely you just don't know what busy means just yet.

And if you feel guilty over taking time alone for yourself, don't.  [Revise: DO feel good.] Be selfish in regard to taking care of yourself (if only for 30 minutes) because in the long run, you'll feel better, treat them better, they'll treat you better and life will be dandy (kind of).

Note:

(1) Focus on the DO's (positive perspective) in your life.  The doables.

(2) If you must focus on the DONT's "I don't like this" "I don't want that." 
                  (a) Make a DON'T list
                  (b) Cross them out
                  (c) Make a list of their opposites, their DO's, next to them
                  (d) Create your goals from there

[The Do's and Don't was derived from 'The Success Principles' by Jack Canfield -author of Chicken Soup series-and has been a wonderful aid for many years.  Book:  The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...