Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Friday, March 11, 2011

Get Your Grub On + Carribean Chicken Salad


Today I treated myself to lunch. I ordered my usual { summer favorite } Carribean Chicken Salad.

What the heck is the Carribean Chicken Salad you ask?

Let me infuse your mind. It is, yes, a salad, but with chunks of pineapple, walnuts, mandarin slices, tortilla chips, grilled chicken, a side of pico de gallo with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
+3/4 cup of olive oil
+1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
+salt (to taste)
+italian seasonings (for presentation)

Add ingredients into a jar and shake to blend prior to serving. I save my homemade dressing in recycled spaghetti sauce jars or these.

Pico De Gallo (for the salad)
+one tomato, diced
+1/4 onion, finely chopped
+3 stems cilantro, finely chopped

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...