Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Monday, August 15, 2011

Customizing "The Greatest Salesman..."

The Greatest Salesman in the World

I first came across Og Mandino's, The Greatest Salesman in the World while browsing the shelves at my nearest library.

The fact that the book was such a simple read made it all the more alluring to check out, browse through, return and check out again and again.

If you've never read it, it is an absolute must read. It's so simple yet majestic and necessary. It is written in fictional fashion with the life principles portrayed as scrolls, 10 scrolls total.

At different episodes in my life, there seems to be one scroll most applicable to me, but one seems to stand out above them all: Scroll VI - Today I will be master of my emotions.
If I feel depressed I will sing.
If I feel sad I will laugh.
If I feel ill I will double my labor.
If I feel fear I will plunge ahead.
If I feel inferior I will wear new garments.
If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.
If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.
If I feel incompetent I will remember past successes.
If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
Today I will be master of my emotions.
In thinking about the book today, I thought about ways to customize this according to my needs and results and possibly influence you in customizing it for yourself.

If I feel depressed I will go for a jog.
If I feel lazy I will go for a jog.
If I feel upset I will go for a jog.
Obviously there is a recurring theme here.  I was originally thinking If I feel lazy I will clean my home.
But usually cleaning my home is in sync with feeling depressed and upset...

When everything fails...go for a jog. Maybe I should change my post title. maybe I should just go for a jog.

Festive Monday to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...