Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Power of Jogging (Depression)

 
                       
[Credit: here ]


My Cure for the Depressed Soul:

Just jog.

Stop looking at the ground and start looking up at the clouds, or the stars.  Or hit the gym ( no one is asking you to be social just yet) and get on the treadmill. 

Being depressed can feel daunting and you might feel fear over simply working out.  I'm not asking you to hit the weights just yet, non one will be looking at you.  At the treadmill section you'll find plenty of people too concerned with their own well-being than to frown upon you, so, just jog.

Your physiology plays such an important role in your overall health.  I'd struggled with depression through my teen years. When I was 18 my first investment was in joining the local gym.  I immediately picked up every piece of literature I could find on fitness and working out and before I knew it, depression wasn't even in my vocabulary, much less in my thoughts.

I know exercise to be one of the greatest cures.  If you think back to an evolutionary perspective, you'll see that all the answers lie in nature and in our "traditional" way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...