Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Awards for Best Romantic Movies goes to...

{drumroll}



{01) Love Story. I didn't realize it's influence on pop culture of its time (the world hadn't met the like of me yet) but this movie is near and dear to my heart.

One day, some years ago, my dad invited the whole bunch; mom, brother, brother-future-wife, myself and my future-husband for a "date". We all got really nice as we prepared for some five course meal at one of our favorite chinese restaurants, as was the norm for special occasions, or so we thought. It turns out dad had ordered Pizza Hut, bought Love Story and greeted us in pj's upon our arrivals. Little did I know, he knew his family was complete. It was the best day ever. And for this reason, along with a wonderful compilation of music, cinematography, script I salute Love Story.


{02} The Holiday. Again, close to the heart. This movie came out around Christmas time, we were new parents, and we had few chances to go out, until one day my husband surprised me and invited me to the movies to watch The Holiday ( note: he is 120% Arnold Schwarzeneggar/action material).  We went, we enjoyed it, and now every holiday when it airs it brings such fond memories. Isn't that a valid reason to love this film?



{03} Happy-Go-Lucky. To be quite honest, I'm mad. I overdue things I love. I eat at my favorite restaurants almost incessantly {"Caribbean Chicken Salad as usual?"}. I love my children to bits so much so that I can't shake them off my leg. I read my favorite books far too many times and complete their sentences. And I'm guilty to loving Happy-Go-Lucky simply because it made me laugh a little, cry a little, and inspired me a little.

Because they evoked happy feelings when I watched them, because I was with people I adore when I viewed them, because they evoke happy feelings presently, for this reason and more, I award these three as my ultimate favorites.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...