Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Monday, March 14, 2011

Grocery Shopping Simplified

{ Photo by JC }

I've been a long-time fan of Real Simple magazine.

Real Simple is far more than the array of picture-perfection with its illustrious blue backdrops familiar in most every issue, it's a template wonderland.

Some years ago, I came across a grocery staple list that revolutionized the way I did grocery shopping, it was a list of all my staples: beans, rice, oils, peanut butter, diapers, wipes, etc.

With a simple program such as Microsoft's Word, you can create an alluring list of all your staples according to store (Grocery Store, Target, Walmart), according to aisle or according to category (dairy, grains, fruits). Or this one by Real Simple according to recipe. I went a step further and laminized my list and with a Wet Erase marker I would circle or check the items I needed to buy. When I have less items on my list, I go through my list and jot down my list of items and I'm on my way.

I hope to upload a simple list in the near future, for now, I'm just lucky I was able to escape for a few minutes and post.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...