Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

One wish...

Quote: "No one on their deathbed ever says they wish they had spent more time at the office."

T his morning my little boy awoke with both eyes glued shut due to  pink eye.  I was hit with the "dilemma" of missing another day of work to stay home with my sick little boy or return to work. I sat down to meditate on the matter at hand and I remembered that I told my boss from the day of my interview, "My number one job is taking care of my children and everything else comes second." And I was hired.

And though I continued to contemplate the situation (5 days out of the office now), I realized, at the very least when I'm eighty years old and missing when my children were young and loud, I'll remember and feel proud of being there when they most needed me.

Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...