Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

B + A ( Libraries c/o Target)


 
I before
  
I after
 
I before
      
I after
If I had to choose which two traits have stuck with me the most from mom and dad it would be this: a love for walks from dad + a love for books from mom.


Ever since I was a little girl I adored libraries. Even stepping into one as an adult evokes happy feelings and I stand true to that tradition with my own boys. I remember perusing the shelves for Beverly Cleary, Babysitters Club and in my teens I searched the paperbacks for R.L. Stine and other mysteries. And throughout all these years I'd regularly check out Shel Silverstein's A Light in the Attic. Do any of these ring a bell, or evoke an emotion? If it does, check out the Silverstein site to re-live good memories!


As a teen I would walk (thanks to dad) to the library. Imagine to my surprise when the librarian offered me a position! And so my first job was first as a tutor in the library system and then as a librarian's assistant.


All that being said, I am a true nerd at heart and I dream of a day when I could sit in a tranquil setting and enjoy a good read...but between you and I, I wish these days as a mother to  7 + 5 yr. old boys would never end.


For more on the Target School Library Makeovers visit the site here.


(Photos care of the Target site)


Do any of you have a home library? How about a magazine collection? As a visual learner,  I know I can attest to a huge collection of magazines!

2 comments:

  1. I love visiting the local libraries. To me, it's like entering a different world full of choices.

    Xoxo

    Rocio R.

    http://myfashiondolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and like being mentored by your choice professor...ms. martha stewart, jack canfield, shel silverstein...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...