Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Monday, September 26, 2011

B+A: A DIY solution to an existing 'After' project

A few months ago I created my kitchen island using butchers block and an old mechanic's table. It didn't exactly fit the criteria of a kitchen island for me because it lacked a lot of the ammenities that most kitchen islands have such as storage space, an extra sink or, at least, a fancy bottle opener.
Bottle Opener, Stainless Steel - Seachoice
But I made it. I love it and I was determined to make it better.





Progress...

I already had two baskets I was already using to store my potatoes, onions and garlic.  Having them sit in the pantry deflected the visual appeal they served in motivating me to prepare something scrumptious with more frequency. Translation: I needed those basket within view.
Supplies:

01. baskets
02. wire
03. wire cutters


  
The mechanic's table actually had holes on the underside of the table which served as a grasping points to tie the wire around and support the baskets.




And here is a photo, complete with the original mechanics table sticker of 200 lb. capactity. 

Of course you might not have a mechanic's table for a kitchen island (or do you?) but you should know that the possibilties with a little imagination and wire (and yarn, string, rope, paint, etc etc. etc.) are limitless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...