Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Author + Illustrator: Leo Lionni



F or the past three months my home has been undergoing a bit of a renovation as we gutted out a massive entertainment center and built a high library, so lately I've been super interested in filling those shelves with much love and inspiration, especially for my little ones.






I've forever been enticed with learning about the people I admire. I make it a habit of reading up on their biographies, even if only through wikipedia and various other online resources. It was equally nice to find out that one of my favorite illustrators, Eric Carle, was also a fan of Lionni.  Another interesting fact I uncovered while reading up on Lionni was that he did not pursue "his own creative spirit" until he was 50! It's good to know it's not too late to pursue our own "creative spirits".

Who do you admire? Have you read up on them lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...