Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sachiko Umoto { illustration book }

Illustration School: Let's Draw Cute Animals

I know illustration isn't that complicated, but after living in the 'real world' and working, cooking, loving, creating, existing and passing out exhausted after a long days work, we need to replenish at the end of the day and think: is what I'm doing making me happy? Is what I'm doing leaving this place a little better than how I found it?

And you might be thinking: how can illustration lead you to think such deep, deep thoughts Jennifer?
Well, at the end of the day , illustration and art and children is my happy place. But if I could somehow find a way to blend my love for art and my love for family into something that would yield my little family and I a living, that would be ideal.

So even though I have some informal training in drawing, I could really use some further training to *think* like a kid again. And if that means following instructions on creating itty bitty little creatures created by others, than I'm in.

Illustration School: Let's Draw Plants and Small Creatures

I've been obsessing over cutesy doodle books since last Christmas. I was thinking it would make a wonderful gift for little ones, but you know what?  It took me a whole year to figure out I was obsessed with the little booklets for me!

Illustration School: Let's Draw Happy People

I just bought Let's Draw Cute Animals on Amazon and I can't wait to get my copy in the mail...I wonder if I'll share with my little ones. Wait, of course I'll share with my little ones....m a y b e.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...