Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Monday, November 14, 2011

One Year Anniversary Notas {notes}




As the holiday season approaches, I simply can't get away from the idea of posting about children's illustration.  My intentions are pretty high on delivering some valuable gifts to the little ones in my life but in the end I can't muster the courage to send just any old store bought product and call it a holiday. Last year I was considering writing and illustrating a special little book for every little person in my life. Not enough time. And then I thought about recording myself or one of the children reading one of the books along with the book saved to an mp3.  Not enough funds. The most doable solution is to dedicate one favorite storybook with individualized bookplate for each little one. So much more affordable to send off 5 little books versus 5 bulky toys! 
On another note, it has been one full year that I have been blogging and no one is more amazed than I with my one year committment, thus far. Thank you for following along on the ride..distant friends. When I first started this blog I was hoping to try to reach both the English speaking community as well as the Spanish speaking community about my life post-depression. I think it's time I start. A spanish version will follow in italics to the best of my ability. :)
Image above by Isabelle Arsenault. You may visit her illustrations here.

Bienvenidos! Cuando recien empeze este blog, fue mi intencion communicarme con una audiencia de lengua ingles y espanol sobre mis experiencias despues de haber vivido con depresion una gran parte de mi vida. En fin, al celebrar mi un ano aniversario con este blog intento traducir con toda mi abilidad al espanol (aunque sin acento por el momento!)
Por los ultimos par de semanas he tenido una infatuacion con la ilustracion,especialmente con los ilustradores para libros de ninos.  Desde el ano pasado fue mi intencion mandarle a los pequenos en mi vida un regalo sentimental pero no se me hizo igual comprar qualquier regalo, envolverlo y llamarlo festividades navidenas!  Para mi, no hay mejor regalo que un libro. Igual, no hay otra forma mas barrata como mandar uno libro especialmente dedicado a esa pequena persona. Otras posibilidades, que aun no me funcionarion a mi pero tal vez ha usted le funcione: 1. grabarse leyendo un libro favorito grabado en un mp3 junto con el libro, o, 2. Escribir y ilustrar  un libro para esa pequena persona especial. Funcionaria bien para alguien con limitados cachorros en su vida.
Foto arriba de la ilustradora Isabelle Arsenault. Puede visitar sus proyectos aqui.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...