Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Friday, March 4, 2011

Robert Sabuda + Matthew Reinhart [pop-ups!]

In keeping with yesterday's tradition of paper crafts, check out these true pop-up books.



I found this pop-up by Robert Sabuda and Matthew Reinhart in Artist-to-Artist: 23 Major Illustrators Talk To Children About Their Art. Both have authored such books as Encyclopedia Mythologica: Fairies and Magical Creatures Pop-Up, Encyclopedia Prehistorica: The Complete Collection and No Biting, Louise, among others.

What caught my eye most was the Encyclopedia Prehistorica: The Complete Collection which would be an eyeful for my dino-loving boy.

Totally inspired by the pop-up. I set out to buy an xacto knife  and blade pack in hopes of creating something of caliber...that wasn't so much the case.



Out shopping this morning,  I spotted this product by Creativity for Kids which inspired me to take baby steps in my attempt to become a pop-up artist (in my kids' eyes).

Tools:
+one 8x10 sheet of paper (or your choice size and color)
+ scissors
+willpower (just kidding)

 01. I started off with a very basic 8X10

02. Fold it in half

03. Snip a portion off the top to shape the interior portion into a heart.
04. Make the heart crease to both sides. 
05. Get creating!

And you're done! 

Get going and get crafting to surprise your little dudes! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...