Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, September 29, 2011

More Block Printing + Videos



About five years ago I first came across D*S and I fell ever so in love with the mixed array of eclectic interiors which fit the bill perfectly, very much in tune with my Domino Mag.

I also owe credit to D*S for the introduction into block printing.

I've always had a kind of DIY sense to me. It's kind of ingrained into my genes to make things out of nothing. It wasn't uncommon in our home to gather some buckets, lay a piece of plywood on top, throw some colorful fabric over it and declare it a table.

But when it came to block printing, I had this archaic idea of carving my design into a block of wood. I even went as far as to purchase a Dremel rotary tool in hopes of simplifying the process, never knowing there was a simpler technique in existence. Hence, it takes a village to educate this lady who formerly lived in a bubble.

Design Sponge posts have been scattered with an assortment of painted cards, rugs and curtains all made from the block printing technique.

I just bought myself the Speedball Deluxe Block Printing Kit and I intend to tackle some nautical inspired curtains and zodiac plastered aprons. I'd love to give some away to family this coming Christmas, if I can master the technique.

Source: bhg.com via Kimberly on Pinterest


The video above is a bit lengthy and the additional techniques seem unnecessary but I included it in hopes that it might inspire you to get out and start making some prints using block printing. Because personally, I just can't get enough, a la Depeche Mode style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...