Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Friday, September 16, 2011

Spooky business



I have infected my little guys.

They live, breathe and ooze a love for art and decor. Yesterday I was greeted by a collection of Halloween decorations consisting of five little mice cut-outs, twelve drawn- colored- decorated and cut pumpkins, three witches, seven live pumpkins scattered on the front porch and one googly-eye concoction.

I always wished they'd have an adoration for the arts like I did. I think I got that one fulfilled.

I also always wished they'd never grow up. I think I over-wished there too - they're a little under the scale on their growth chart.

I tell you, the power of the law of attraction. It's crazy. It's scary. It's Twilight Zone-ish.

Ever get one of those crazy feelings when you really really want something and then you see it manifested? 

Anyhow, I'm still kind of on top of my goal-game of getting on top of things before I need to get on top of them. Top that. Unless you count my slipping both yesterday and this morning by not prepping lunches or clothing for the children the night before.

The result?  Late, late, rushed and minus one homework assignment.

At least I've got my Halloween business in order. I'm thinking mice: mouse hotel pumpkin as seen here at Martha's, mice silhouettes scattered on the doorstep and stairs as seen here (again at my buddy Martha's), and looking to incorporate this, this and this.  And if I didn't think the neighbors (or HOA) would get spooked by the witch's cauldron seen here, how cool would that be? Very.

I'm thinking abandoned and critter-infested haven. What do you think?

I also think I should pay more attention to getting on top of things, non-decor related.

Have a crazy fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...