Home

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Book: Don't Feed the Monster on Tuesdays!

Don't Feed the Monster on Tuesdays!: The Children's Self-Esteem Book

When I first noticed one of my little boys exuding melancholic tendencies either due to moving a thousand miles away from 'home', losing a beloved pet and/or repeating a grade, I knew I had to find every means possible to nip it in the bud.  When I was pregnant and undergoing some major life changes and depression, my mother-in-law gave me some sage advice, "depression is a choice."  It really struck a chord because, despite not finding reasoning behind the comment then, it makes perfect sense now.  Depression was a choice. I was choosing to feed my melancholic thoughts. True, motherhood poses some changes that would loosen up screws in just about everyone: sleep deprivation, time-managment overload, MAJOR responsibility but, ultimately, it was up to me to choose happiness or choose depression.

Don't Feed The Monster on Tuesdays! explains in a very simple format the way self-esteem can be eaten away at, and conversely, how you can feed your self-esteem...by NOT feeding the monster. It's a wonderful little read for both child and adult.  So many times when we want to understand something we reach for the largest most in-depth book when all we really need is the very basics to form the foundation for our wellness pyramid.

I've created a simple little print as depicted in the book, available here, to remind yourself, child or loved one to NOT FEED THE MONSTER ON TUESDAYS...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...